University of Oxford Applied Economics preprints
IES Papers are available from Michelle Satchell, DPS Co-ordinator,
Institute of Economics and Statistics, St Cross Building, Manor Road, Oxford.
- 196. Donald Hay, "The Post 1990 Brazilian Trade Liberalization
and the Performance of Large Manufacturing Firms: Productivity, Market Share
- 195. Rafael Di Tella and Robert MacCulloch, "Does the Welfare
State Destroy the Family?"
- 194. Hans-Martin Krolzig, "International Business Cycles:
Regime Shifts in the Stochastic Process of Economic Growth"
- 193. Hans-Martin Krolzig, "International Monetary Policy
Coordination and Credibility under Incomplete Information"
- 192. Marianne Sensier, "Inventories and Asymmetric Business
Cycle Fluctuations in the UK"
- 191. John Hoddinott and Christopher Adam, "Testing Nash
Bargaining Household Models with Time Series Data: Divorce Law Reform and
Female Suicide in Canada"
- 190. John Knight, Lina Song, and Jia Huaibin, "Chinese Rural
Migrants in Urban Enterprises: Three Perspectives"
- 189. Howard Smith and Donald Hay, "Competition in Retailing:
One Stop Shopping"
- 188. John Knight and Lina Song, "Chinese Peasant Choices:
Farming, Rural Industry or Migration"
- 187. Hans-Martin Krolzig and Don I Asoka Wöhrmann,
"Seignorage, Government Spending and Growth in a Lucasian General Equilibrium
- 186. John Knight and Li Shi, "Cumulative Causation and
Inequality Among Villages in China"
- 185. Sonia Bhalotra, "Growth and Jobs in an Adjusting Economy
- Explaining the Decline in Indian Manufacturing Employment in the 1980s"
- 184. Alan Beggs and Kathryn Graddy, "Declining Values and the
Afternoon Effect: Evidence from Art Auctions"
- 183. Andrew Scott, "Consumption Shifts and Income Shocks:
Extending the REPIH"
- 182. Bill Russell, "The Non-Linear Long-Run Phillips Curve:
Implications for Monetary Policy"
- 181. Andrew Scott, "Consumption 'Credit Crunches' and
- 180. Rafael Di Tella and Robert MacCulloch, "The Determination
of Unemployment Benefits"
- 179. Rafael Di Tella and Robert MacCulloch, "An Empirical
Study of Unemployment Benefit Preferences"
- 178. Robin Nuttall and John Vickers, "Competition Policy for
Regulated Utility Industries in Britain"
- 177. Yong-Doo Cho, "Company Investment Decisions and Financial
Constraints: An Analysis of a Panel of Korean Manufacturing Firms"
- 176. A Fuentes, "On-the-Job Search and the Beveridge
- 175. Stephen Nickell, Daphne Nicolitsas and Malcom Patterson,
"Does Doing Badly Encourage Management Innovation? "
- 174. Sudhir Anand and Kara Hanson, "Disability-Adjusted Life
Years: A Critical Review"
- 173. Daron Acemoglu and Andrew Scott, "Asymmetric Business
Cycles: Theory and Time-Series Evidence"
- 172. Andrew Scott, "Why is Consumption So Seasonal? "
- 171. Stephen Nickell, "Labour Market Dynamics in OECD
- 170. Stephen Nickell and Daphne Nicolitsas, "How does
Financial Pressure Affect Firms?"
- 169. Alberto Ades and Rafael Di Tella, "Competition and
- 168. John Knight and Li Shi, `Fiscal Decentralisation,
Redistribution and Reform in China'
- 167. Michael Bacharach and Michele Bernasconi, `An
Experimental Study of the Variable Frame Theory of Focal Points: Appendix'
- 166. Michael Bacharach and Michele Bernasconi, `An
Experimental Study of the Variable Frame Theory of Focal Points'
- 165. Jan Hatzius, September 1994, `The Unemployment and
Earnings Effect of German Immigration'
- 164. Jan Hatzius, `Regional Migration, Unemployment and
Vacancies: Evidence from West German Microdata'
- 163. Alan Beggs, `Learning and the Diffusion of New Products
- 162. Donald Hay and Guy Liu, `The Investment Behaviour of
Firms in an Oligopolistic Setting'
- 161. Michael G. Pollitt, `Productive Efficiency in Electricity
Transmission and Distribution Systems'
- 160. Donald Hay, `International Aspects of Competition Policy
in the United Kingdom'
- 159. Pablo Antolin, `International Migration Flows: The Case
of Spain (1960 - 1988) '
- 158. Pablo Antolin, `Unemployment Flows and Vacancies in
- 157. John Knight and Lina Song, `Urban and Rural Housing in
- 156. Terry O'Shaughnessy, `Hysteresis in an Open Economy
- 155. S J Nickell, `Competition and Corporate Performance'
- 154. Andrew K G Hildreth and A J Oswald, `Rent-Sharing and
Wages: Evidence from Company and Establishment Panels'
- 153. Terry O'Shaughnessy, `Hysteresis Effects in a Model of
the Phillips Curve'
- 152. Mark Armstrong, Simon Cowan and John Vickers, `Nonlinear
Pricing and Price Cap Regulation'
- 151. Giovanni Urga, `The Econometrics of Panel Data: A
- 150. John Knight and Lina Song, `Income Inequality in Rural
China: Communities, Households and Resource Mobility'
- 149. N H Dimsdale and N Horsewood, `A Model of the UK Interwar
- 148. Anidya Banerjee and Alan Beggs, `Simultaneous versus
Sequential Move Structures in Principal-Agent Models '
- 147. Andrew Glyn, `Real Wages and Reconstruction in Eastern
- 146. John Knight, `Price Scissors and Intersectoral Resource
Transfers: Who Paid For Industrialization in China'
- 145. Vanessa Fry and Panos Pashardes, `An Almost Ideal
Quadratic Logarithmic Demand System for the Analysis of Micro '
- 144. V Bhaskar and Andrew Glyn, `Investment and Profitablity:
The Evidence from the Advanced Capitalist Countries'
- 143. Michael Bacharach, Hyun Song Shin and Mark Williams, `
Sophisticated Bounded Agents Play the Repeated Dilemma'
- 142. Paul Klemperer, `Competition when Consumers have
Switching Costs: An Overview'
- 141. Peter J N Sinclair, `Is Inflation a Bad Tax? '
- 140. Mark Armstrong and John Vickers, `Price Discrimination,
Competition and Regulation '
- 139. Michael P Clements and David F Hendry, `Forecasting in
- 138. Michael P Clements and David F Hendry,`On the Limitations
of Comparing Mean Square Forecast Errors'
- 137. Claudio Lupi, `Measures of Persistence, Trends, and
Cycles in I(I) Time Series: A Rather Skeptical Viewpoint'
- 136. Christine Greenhalgh and George Mavrotas, `The Role of
Career Aspirations and Financial Constraints in Individual Access to Vocational
- 135. Heather D Gibson and Peter M Oppenheimer, `Financial
Crises and the International Debt Problem'
- 134. Donald A Hay and Guy S Liu, `Cost Behaviour of Chinese
State-Owned Manufacturing Enterprises During the Reform Period, 1979-87'
- 133. Robert W Bacon, `Retail Rents and Market Areas'
This page was created by Maxine Collett.
Last updated 28 November 1995.