Academic articles about Aberfan
- Bayliss, R. W., Symptoms in the Operational Failure of Public Administration,
Aberfan, Hither Green, Hixon Crossing, Occasional Papers no. 10 (Birmingham:
University of Birmingham, 1969).
- Couto, Richard A., Catastrophe and Community Empowerment: The Group Formulations
of Aberfans Survivors, Journal of Community Psychology, vol. 17, July
- Couto, Richard A., 'Economics, Experts, and Risk: Lessons from the Catastrophe at
Aberfan', Political Psychology, vol. 10, no. 2, 1989, 309-324.
- Johnes, Martin, Uneasy relationships: Local Politcs, Merthyr Tydfil Borough County
Council and the Aberfan Disaster, Welsh History Review, vol. 20, no. 1, 2000,
- Johnes, Martin, Disasters and Responsibility: Lessons from Aberfan Planet:
The Welsh Internationalist, June-July 1999.
- Jones, Erastus, Working in Aberfan and the Valleys, Social & Economic
Administration, vol. 9, no. 1. Spring 1979, 30-40.
- McLean, Iain & Johnes, Martin, Regulating Gifts of Generosity: Aberfan and the
Charity Commission, Legal Studies, 19(3), 1999, 380-396..
- McLean, Iain, On moles and the habits of birds: the unpolitics of Aberfan, Twentieth
Century British History, 8, 1997, 285-309.
- Miller, Joan, Community Development in a Disaster Community, Community
Development Journal, 8 (3), October 1973, 161-168.
- Nunn, Charles, The Disaster of Aberfan, Police Review, 16 October
- Watkins, Hugh, "From Chaos to Calm" The Diary of the Gordon-Lennox
Education Centre, Nixonville, Aberfan from Thursday November 3rd, 1966 to
Thursday, December 1st, 1966, Merthyr Historian, vol. 7, 1994,
- Williams, R. M., & Murray Parkes, C., Psychosocial Effects of Disaster: Birth
Rate in Aberfan, British Medical Journal, 2 (10 May), 1975, 303-304.
Return to Aberfan Disaster front page