How to Apply
The deadline for applications has now passed.
Our online application form will ask you about your educational background and your eligibility for NUSI.
In addition to filling in the application form, you will need the following documents for your application:
- A personal statement (up to 500 words) in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
In the statement, please describe
- your motivation for applying to NUSI.
- your particular subject matter interests and subspecialty (if known), e.g., sociology with a focus on inequality or economics with a focus on labour economics.
- your career aspirations.
- Your current CV in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
- A university transcript from your undergraduate degree with marks for courses completed to date.
- Names and email addresses for two referees who can provide a letter of reference for you.
At least one of your referees should be your current university advisor, tutor or professor. Your second referee could also be a university advisor/tutor/professor or could be a professional contact who could provide a reference for you (for example a school teacher or employer/line manager).
Your referees will receive an automated request from our Interfolio system to submit the confidential letter of reference after you have entered their names and email addresses. The deadline for them to provide their reference is Monday 16 March at 11:59pm. We suggest that you let your referees know in advance that a reference will be requested and that it should describe your academic motivations, qualifications, and potential for further study.
How to Apply
The application deadline for the Nuffield Undergraduate Scholars Institute 2020 has now passed.
For more information on how we use your data, please see our privacy notice for NUSI applicants.
If you are unable to, or prefer not to, use the online Interfolio system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard-copy application form.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by the end of April. Thank you very much for applying.