2013-W12 Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer Market-Based Bank Capital Regulation
2013-W05 María Dolores Martínez Miranda, Bent Nielsen and Jens Perch Nielsen
Inference and forecasting in the age-period-cohort model with unknown exposure with an application to mesothelioma mortality
2009-W17 Thomas Flury and Neil Shephard Learning and Filtering via simulation: smoothly jittered particle Filters
2009-W16 Fabian Eser Monetary Policy in a Currency Union with Heterogeneous Limited Asset Markets Participation
2009-W15 Andrés Carvajal and John Quah A Nonparametric Analysis of the Cournot Model
2009-W14 Fabian Eser Optimal Fiscal Stabilisation through Government Spending
2009-W13 Neil Shephard Income contingent tuition fees for universities
2009-W12 Cavit Pakel, Neil Shephard and Kevin Sheppard Nuisance parameters, composite likelihoods and a panel of GARCH models
2009-W11 Aytek Erdil and Paul Klemperer A New Payment Rule for Core-Selecting Package Auctions
2009-W10 Bent Nielsen Test for cointegration rank in general vector autoregressions
2009-W09 Bent Nielsen and Jouni Sohkanen Asymptotic behaviour of the CUSUM of squares test under stochastic and deterministric time trends
2009-W08 D. Kuang, Bent Nielsen and J. P. Nielsen Chain-Ladder as Maximum Likelihood Revisited
2009-W07 Jeremy Below and Paul Klemperer Price Controls and Consumer Surplus (Revised, 2012).
2009-W06 Paul Klemperer The Product-Mix Auction: a New Auction Design for Differentiated Goods (supercedes the 2008 version called: A New Auction for Substitutes: Central-Bank Liquidity Auctions, "Toxic Asset" Auctions, and Variable Product-Mix Auctions"
2009-W05 Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer Why Do Sellers (Usually) Prefer Auctions?
2009-W04 Nathaniel Frank Linkages between asset classes during the financial crisis, accounting for market microstructure noise and non-synchronous trading
2009-W03 Neil Shephard and Kevin Sheppard Realising the future: forecasting with high frequency based volatility (HEAVY) models
2009-W02 Zorica Mladenović and Bent Nielsen The role of income in money demand during hyper-inflation: the case of Yugoslavaia
2008-W16 Alberto Petrucci Nonoptimality of the Friedman Rule with Capital Income Taxation
2008-W15 Thomas Flury and Neil Shephard Bayesian inference based only on simulated likelihood: particle filter analysis of dynamic economic models
2008-W14 Bent Nielsen Singular vector autoregressions with deterministic terms: Strong consistency and lag order determination
2008-W13 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Modelling and measuring volatility
2008-W12 Cameron Hepburn, John K.-H. Quah, and Robert A. Ritz Emissions Trading with Profit-Neutral Permit Allocations
2008-W11 Robert F. Engle, Neil Shephard and Kevin Shepphard Fitting vast dimensional time-varying covariance models
2008-W10 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Peter Reinhard Hansen, Asger Lunde and Neil Shephard Multivariate realised kernels: consistent positive semi-definite estimators of the covariation of equity prices with noise and non-synchronous trading
2008-W09 D. Kuang, B. Nielsen and J.P. Nielsen Forecasting with the age-period-cohort model and the extended chain-ladder model. In Biometrika 95, 2008, pp.987-991.
2008-W08 Bruno Strulovici Learning While Voting: Determinants of Collective Experimentation
2008-W07 Bent Nielsen and Heino Bohn Nielsen Properties of estimated characteristic roots
2008-W06 Brendan K. Beare Unit Root Testing with Unstable Volatility
2008-W05 Clive G. Bowsher and Roland Meeks The Dynamics of Economic Functions: Modelling and Forecasting the Yield Curve
2008-W04 Neil Shephard and Torben G. Andersen Stochastic Volatility: Origins and Overview
2008-W03 Søren Johansen and Bent Nielsen An analysis of the indicator saturation estimator as a robust regression estimator . In Castle, J. L. and Shephard, N. The Methodology and Practice of Econometrics: A Festschrift in Honour of David F. Hendry. Oxford University Press. p. 1-36.
2008-W02 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Silja Kinnebrock and Neil Shephard Measuring downside risk - realised semivariance
2008-W01 Peyton Young, Dean P. Foster The Hedge Fund Game
2007-W05 Di Kuang, B. Nielsen and J.P. Nielsen Identification of the age-period-cohort model and the extended chain ladder model. In Biometrika, 95, 2008, pp.979-986.
2007-W04 John K-H. Quah and Bruno Strulovici Comparative Statics, Informativeness, and the Interval Dominance Order
2007-W03 Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer When are Auctions Best?
2007-W02 Carlos Caceres and Bent Nielsen Convergence to Stochastic Integrals with Non-linear Integrands
2007-W01 Eric Engler and Bent Nielsen The empirical process of autoregressive residuals. Also published in Econometrics Journal 12, 2009, pp. 367-381.
2006-W12 Clive G. Bowsher and Roland Meeks High Dimensional Yield Curves: Models and Forecasting
2006-W11 Roland Meeks Credit shocks and cycles: a Bayesian calibration approach
2006-W10 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Peter Hansen, Asger Lunde and Neil Shephard Subsampling realised kernels
2006-W09 John Quah Additional Notes on the Comparative Statics of Constrained Optimization Problems
2006-W08 Jeremy Large A Market-Clearing Role for Inefficiency on a Limit Order Book
2006-W07 Joseph Farrell and Paul Klemperer Coordination and Lock-In: Competition with Switching Costs and Network Effects
2006-W06 Paul Klemperer Network Effects and Switching Costs: two short essays for the new New Palgrave
2006-W04 John C. Bluedorn and Christopher Bowdler The Open Economy Consequences of U.S. Monetary Policy
2006-W03 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Peter Hansen, Asger Lunde and Neil Shephard Designing realised kernels to measure the ex-post variation of equity prices in the presence of noise
2006-W02 Paul Milgrom and Bruno Strulovici Concepts and Properties of Substitute Goods
2006-W01 Christopher J. Tyson Management of a Capital Stock by Strotz's Naive Planner
2005-W26 Clive G. Bowsher Modelling Security Market Events in Continuous Time: Intensity Based, Multivariate Point Process Models
2005-W25 Christopher Bowdler Openness, exchange rate regimes and the Phillips curve
2005-W24 Jurgen A. Doornik and Marius Ooms Outlier Detection in GARCH Models
2005-W23 Kevin Roberts Social Choice Theory and the Informational Basis Approach
2005-W22 John Bluedorn Hurricanes: Intertemporal Trade and Capital Shocks
2005-W21 John Bluedorn and Elizabeth U. Cascio Education and Intergenerational Mobility: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Puerto Rico Abstract
2005-W20 Victoria Prowse State dependence in a multi-state model of employment dynamics
2005-W19 Victoria Prowse How damaging is part-time employment to a woman's occupational prospects?
2005-W18 John C. Bluedorn and Christopher Bowdler Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Dynamics: New Evidence from the Narrative Approach to Shock Indentification
2005-W17 Neil Shephard Stochastic volatility. To appear in New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd edition, (edited by Steven Durlauf and Lawrence Blume), 2006.
2005-W16 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Variation, jumps, market frictions and high frequency data in financial econometrics.
2005-W15 Kevin Roberts Condorcet Cycles? A Model of Intertemporal Voting
2005-W14 Christopher Bowdler and Adeel Malik Openness and Inflation Volatility: Cross-Country Evidence
2005-W13 Florin O. Bilbiie The Utopia of Implementing Monetary Policy Cooperation through Domestic Institutions
2005-W12 Florin O. Bilbiie and David Stasavage Incomplete Fiscal Rules with Imperfect Enforcement
2005-W11 Florin O. Bilbiie Fiscal Contracts for a Monetary Union
2005-W10 Florin O. Bilbiie Deus ex machina wanted: time inconsistency of time consistency solutions in monetary policy Abstract
2005-W09 Florin O. Bilbiie Limited Asset Markets Participation, Monetary Policy and (Inverted) Keynesian Logic
2005-W08 Bent Nielsen Analysis of co-explosive processes
2005-W07 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Neil Shephard and Matthias Winkel Limit theorems for multipower variation in the presence of jumps Abstract To appear in Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, 2006.
2005-W06 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Sven Erik Graversen, Jean Jacod and Neil Shephard Limit theorems for bipower variation in financial econometrics To appear in Econometric Theory, 2006.
2005-W05 Jeremy Large Estimating quadratic variation when quoted prices jump by a constant increment
2005-W04 Stephen Bond and Måns Söderbom Adjustment Costs and the Identification of Cobb Douglas Production Functions
2005-W03 Christopher J. Tyson Axiomatic Foundations for Satisficing Behavior
2005-W02 Christopher Bliss Tradeable Goods, Non-Tradeable Goods and Participation
2005-W01 Takamitsu Kurita and Bent Nielsen Short-Run Parameter Changes in a Conintegrated Vector Autoregressive Model.
2004-W31 Bent Nielsen (2003) Money Demany in the Yugoslavian Hyperinflation 1991-1994. In Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal 2, 2008-21, On the Explosive Nature of Hyper-Inflation Data (note different title).
2004-W30 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Multipower variation and stochastic volatility. In Stochastic Finance, (edited by A.N. Shiryaev, M.R. Grossinho, P.E. Oliveira, M.L. Esquivel) Springer, 2005, 73-82.
2004-W29 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Sven Erik Gravensen, Jean Jacod, Marc Podolskij and Neil Shephard A central limit theorem for realised power and bipower variations of continuous semimartingales. Iin From Stochastic Analysis to Mathematical Finance, Festschrift for Albert Shiryaev (edited by Kabanov, Y and R Lipster), Springer, 2006, forthcoming.
2004-W28 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Peter Reinhard Hansen, Asger Lunde and Neil Shephard Regular and modified kernel-based estimators of integrated variance: the case with independent noise
2004-W27 Marc Fleurbaey Two Criteria for Social Decisions
2004-W26 Christopher Bliss Some Implications of a Variable EIS
2004-W25 Lars Hougaard Hansen, Bent Nielsen and Jens Perch Nielsen Two sided analysis of variance with a latent time series
2004-W24 Bent Nielsen, J. James Reade Simulating Properties of the Likelihood Ratio Test for a Unit Root in an Explosive Second Order Autoregression, Econometric Reviews 26, 487-501 (2007).
2004-W23 Christopher Tyson Iterative Dominance and Sequential Bargaining
2004-W22 Victoria Prowse Estimating Time Demand Elasticities Under Rationing
2004-W21 Clive G. Bowsher Modelling the Dynamics of Cross-Sectional Price Functions: an Econometric Analysis of the Bid and Ask Curves of an Automated Exchange
2004-W20 Siddhartha Chib, Michael Pitt and Neil Shephard Likelihood based inference for diffusion driven models
2004-W19 Yasuhiro Omori, Siddhartha Chib, Neil Shephard and Jouchi Nakajima Stochastic volatility with leverage: fast likelihood inference.
2004-W18 John K.-H. Quah The Aggregate Weak Axiom in a Financial Economy Through Dominant Substitution Effects.
2004-W17 David F. Hendry and Hans-Martin Krolzig We Ran One Regression
2004-W16 Jurgen A. Doornik, Neil Shephard and David F. Hendry Parallel Computation in Econometrics: A Simplified Approach. In Handbook of Parallel Computing and Statistics, Marcel Dekker, 2005.
2004-W15 David F. Hendry Unpredictability and the Foundations of Economic Forecasting
2004-W14 David F. Hendry Robustifying Forecasts from Equilibrium-Correction Models
2004-W13 David F. Hendry and Carlos Santos Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables
2004-W12 Guillaume Chevillon and David F. Hendry Non-Parametric Direct Multi-step Estimation for Forecasting Economic Processes
2004-W11 Christopher Bowdler and Luca Nunziata A note on the determinants of inflation starts in the OECD
2004-W10 Christopher Bowdler and Eilev S. Jansen Testing for time-varying price-cost markup in the Euro area inflation process
2004-W9 Paul Klemperer Auctions: Theory and Practice
2004-W8 Steve Bond, Asli Leblebicioglu and Fabio Schiantarelli Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence
2004-W7 John Quah The existence of equilibrium when excess demand obeys the weak axiom
2004-W6 John Muellbauer and Justin van de Ven Estimating equivalence scales for tax and benefits systems
2004-W5 Jeremy Large Cancellation and uncertainty aversion on limit order books
2004-W4 David F Hendry and Carlos Santos Regression models with data-based indicator variables
2004-W3 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard A feasible central limit theory for realised volatility under leverage
2004-W2 Charles Bos and Neil Shephard Inference for adaptive time series models: stochastic volatility and conditionally Gaussian state space form
2004-W1 John Quah Comparative Statics with Concave and Supermodular Functions
2003-W23 Bent Nielsen Strong consistency results for least squares estimators in general vector autoregressions with deterministic terms, Econometric Theory, vol. 21, p. 534-561, 2005.
2003-W22 Bent Nielsen Power of tests for unit roots in the presence of a linear trend. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 70, pp. 619-644, 2008.
2003-W21 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Econometrics of testing for jumps in financial economics using bipower variation, Journal of Financial Econometrics, 2006, 4, 1-30.
2003-W20 Jurgen Doornik and Marius Ooms Multimodality in the GARCH regression model
2003-W19 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Svend Erik Graversen and Neil Shephard Power variation & stochastic volatility: a review and some new results Journal of Applied Probability, 2004, 41A, 133-143.
2003-W18 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Power and bipower variation with stochastic volatility and jumps To appear, with discussion, Journal of Financial Econometrics, 2004, 2, 1-48.
*2003-W17 David F. Hendry and Hans-Martin Krolzig Sub-Sample Model Selection Procedures in Gets Modelling
*2003-W16 Peter Flaschel and Hans-Martin Krolzig Wage and Price Phillips Curves An empirical analysis of destabilizing wage-price spirals
*2003-W15 Hans-Martin Krolzig General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures for Structural Vector Autoregressions
*2003-W14 David F. Hendry and Hans-Martin Krolzig The Properties of Automatic Gets Modelling
*2003-W13 Ralf Brüggemann, Hans-Martin Krolzig and Helmut Lütkepohl Comparison of Model Reduction Methods for VAR Processes
2003-W12 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Impact of jumps on returns and realised variances: econometric analysis of time-deformed Levy processes. To appear, Journal of Econometrics, 2006.
2003-W11 Bent Nielsen Correlograms for non-stationary autoregressions, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, series B, vol. 68, pp. 707-720. 2006
2003-W10 H. Peter Boswijk and Jurgen A. Doornik Identifying, Estimating and Testing Restricted Cointegrated Systems: An Overview.
*2003-W9 Juan E. Martinez-Legaz and John K.-H. Quah Risk Aversion over Incomes and Risk Aversion over Commodities.
2003-W8 Thomas Norman Step-by-Step Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations
2003-W7 Thomas Norman The Evolution of Conflict under Inertia.
2003-W6 Thomas Norman The Evolution of Coordination under Inertia.
2003-W5 Heino Bohn Nielsen and Christopher Bowdler.Inflation Adjustment in the Open Economy: An I(2) Analysis of UK Prices.
2003-W4 Christopher Bowdler. Openness and the Output-Inflation Tradeoff.
*2003-W3 Clive G. Bowsher Modelling Security Market Events in Continuous Time: Intensity Based, Multivariate Point Process Models.
*2003-W2 Paul Klemperer Using and Abusing Economic Theory.
2003-W1 Kamakshya Trivedi Regional Convergence and Catch-up in India between 1960 and 1992.
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
2002-W24 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Power variation and time change. To appear, Theory of Probability and Its Applications, 2005, forthcoming.
2002-W23 Franz Dietrich and Christian List A Model of Jury Decisions where All Jurors have the Same Evidence.
*2002-W22 Clive Bowsher Modelling Security Market Events in Continuous Time: Intensity-based, Multivariate Point Process Models.
2002-W21 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, Bent Nielsen, Neil Shephard and Carla Ysusi Measuring and forecasting financial variability using realised variance with and without a model. In State Space and Unobserved Component Models: Theory and Applications. Proceedings of a Conference in Honour of James Durbin. (Edited by Andrew C. Harvey, Siem Jan Koopman and Neil Shephard), Cambridge University Press, 2004, 205-235.
*2002-W20 Paul Klemperer Some Observations on the British and German 3G Telecom Auctions.
2002-W19 Gabriele Fiorentini, Enrique Sentana and Neil Shephard Likelihood-based estimation of latent generalised ARCH structures.
*2002-W18 Gael Giraud and John K.H-Quah Heterotic Models of Aggregate Demand.
2002-W17 Siem Jan Koopman and Neil Shephard Testing the assumptions behind the use of importance sampling.
*2002-W16 Luca Nunziata Unemployment, Labour Market Institutions and Shocks.
*2002-W15 Christian List A Model of Path-Dependence in Decisions over Multiple Propositions.
2002-W14 Jim Engle-Warnick and Bradley J. Ruffle Buyer Countervailing Power versus Monopoly Power: Evidence from Experimental Posted-Offer Markets.
2002-W13 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Econometric analysis of realised covariation: high frequency covariance, regression and correlation in financial economics. Revised version is here. December 14th 2002. Econometrica, 2004, 72, 885-925.
2002-W12 David Hendry and Grayham Mizon Forecasting in the Presence of Structural Breaks and Policy Regime Shifts.
2002-W11 Michael Clements and David Hendry Economic Forecasting: Some Lessons from Recent Research.
2002-W10 David Hendry, Maozu Lu and Grayham Mizon Model Identification and Non-unique Structure.
2002-W09 Michael Clements and David Hendry Pooling of Forecasts.
2002-W8 David Hendry Forecast Failure, Expectations Formation, and the Lucas Critique.
2002-W7 Anders Rahbek and Neil Shephard Autoregressive conditional root model. Revised as Inference and ergodicity in the autoregressive conditional root model. November 2002.
2002-W6 Christopher Bliss The Stationary Distribution of Wealth with Random Shocks. Heavily Revised!
*2002-W5 Paul Klemperer How (Not) to Run Auctions: the European 3G Telecom Auctions.
*2002-W4 Ken Binmore and Paul Klemperer The Biggest Auction Ever: the Sale of the British 3G Telecom Licenses.
*2002-W3 John K.-H. Quah The Law of Demand and Risk Aversion.
2002-W2 Frank Gerhard and Nickolaus Hautsch Semiparametric autoregressive conditional proportional hazard models.
2002-W1 Tina Rydberg and Neil Shephard Dynamics of trade-by-trade price movements: decomposition and models. Journal of Financial Econometrics, 1, 2-25, 2003.
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
*2001-W29 Luca Nunziata- Institutions and Wage Determination: a Multi-Country Approach
*2001-W28 Jim-Engle Warnick and Bradley Ruffle - Inferring Buyer Strategies and their Impact on Monopolist Pricing
2001-W27 Jurgen A. Doornik and Marius Ooms - Computational Aspects of Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Autoregressive Fractionally Integrated Moving Average Models
2001-W26 Siddharth Chib and Neil Shephard - Comment on Durham and Gallant's paper on "Numerical techniques for maximum likelihood estimation of continuous-time diffusion processes." Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2002, 325-327.
2001-W25 Ole Barndorff-Nielsen, Elisa Nicolato and Neil Shephard - Some recent developments in stochastic volatility modelling. Quantitative Finance, 2002, 2, 11-23.
*2001-W24 John Quah - Comparative Statics and Welfare Theorems When Goods are Normal
2001-W23 Christian List - Complex Collective Decisions and the Probability of Collective Inconsistencies
2001-W22 Jurgen A Doornik, David F. Hendry and Neil Shephard - Computationally-intensive econometrics using a distributed matrix-programming language, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series A, 360, 2002, 1245--1266.
2001-W21 Stephen Bond, Anke Hoeffler, Jonathan Temple - GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models
2001-W20 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Estimating quadratic variation using realised volatility. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2002, 17, 457--477.
*2001-W19 Giulio Federico - IMF Conditionality
*2001-W18 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Realised power variation and stochastic volatility models. Bernoulli, 2003, 9, 243-265.
*2001-W17 Volker Nocke and Martin Peitz - Hyperbolic Discounting and Secondary Markets
2001-W16 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - How accurate is the asymptotic approximation to the distribution of realised volatility? Is to appear in Identification and Inference for Econometric Models. A Festschrift for Tom Rothenberg, (edited by Don Andrews, Jim Powell, Paul Ruud and Jim Stock), Econometric Society Monograph Series, Cambridge University Press, 2003, forthcoming (with Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen).
*2001-W15 Jim Engle-Warnick and Robert L. Slonim- The Fragility and Robustness of Trust
*2001-W14 Jim Engle-Warnick - Inferring Strategies from Observed Actions: A Nonparametric, Binary Tree Classification Approach
*2001-W13 Jim Engle-Warnick and Robert L. Slonim - Inferring Repeated Game Strategies From Actions: Evidence From Trust Game Experiments
*2001-W12 John Quah - Demand is Heterogenous in Grandmont's Model
*2001-W11 Frank Gerhard - A Simple dynamic model for limited dependent variables
2001-W10 Bent Nielsen - Order Determination in general vector autoregressions
2001-W9 Bent Nielsen - Asymptotic properties of least squares statistics in general vector autoregressive models
2001-W8 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Higher order variation and stochastic volatility models, replaced by 2001-W18 which appeared in Bernoulli, 2003, 9, 243--265.
*2001-W7 Luca Nunziata and Stefano Staffolani - On Short-Term Contracts Regulations. Now published as 'Short Term Contracts Regulations and Dynamic Labour Demand: Theory and Evidence', Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 54, Number. 1, pp. 72-104, February 2007.
2001-W6 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Normal modified stable processes. Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics, 2001, 65, 1-19.
*2001-W5 Giulio Federico and David Rahman - Bidding in an electricity pay-as-bid auction. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2003, 24 (2) 175-211.
*2001-W4 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Econometric analysis of realised volatility and its use in estimating stochastic volatility models. This is a revised version of 2000-W29. Journal of Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 64, 2002, 253-280.
*2001-W3 John K.-H Quah - Comparative Statics of the Weak Axiom
2001-W2 Benoit Mulkay, Bronwyn Hall and Jacques Mairesse - Firm Level Investment and R&D in France and the United States: A Comparison
2001-W1 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Integrated OU Processes. Revised paper is now called Integrated OU processes and non-Gaussian OU-based stochastic volatility models, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 2003, 30, 277--295.
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
2000-W38 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Reply to the discussion of "Non-Gaussian OU based models and some of their uses in financial economics," read to the Royal Statistical Society on 18th October, 2000.
2000-W37* Hans-Martin Krolzig, Massimiliano Marcellino and Grayham E. Mizon - A Markov-Switching Vector Equilibrium Correction Model of the UK Labour Market.
2000-W36* Michael P. Clements and Hans-Martin Krolzig - Can Oil Shocks Explain Asymmetries in the US Business Cycle?
2000-W35* Hans-Martin Krolzig - Testing for Cobreaking and Super Exogeneity in the Presence of Deterministic Shifts.
2000-W34* Hans-Martin Krolzig - General-to-Specific Reductions in Vector Autoregressive Processes.
2000-W33* Hans-Martin Krolzig - Business Cycle Measurement in the Presence of Structural Change: International Evidence
2000-W32* Michael P. Clements and Hans-Martin Krolzig - Business Cycle Asymmetries: Characterisation and Testing based on Markov-Switching Autoregressions.
2000-W31* Hans-Martin Krolzig - Predicting Markov-Switching Vector Autoregressive Processes
2000-W30* Daniel J. Zizzo and Daniel Sgroi - Bounded-rational behavior by neural networks in normal form games
2000-W29 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard - Econometric analysis of realised volatility and its use in estimating Levy based non-Gaussian OU type stochastic volatility models
2000-W28* Clive G. Bowsher - On Testing Overidentifying Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models
2000-W27* Volker Nocke - Monopolisation and Industry Structure
2000-W26* Paul Klemperer - What really matters in auction design.
2000-W25* Paul Klemperer - Why every economist should learn some auction theory.
2000-W24 Bent Nielsen - The asymptotic distribution of likelihood ratio test statistics for cointegration in unstable vector autoregressive processes.
2000-W23* Samuel G. Berlinski - On the estimation and testing of wage equations using GMM
2000-W22 Søren Johansen, Rocco Mosconi and Bent Nielsen - Cointegration Analysis in the Presence of Structural Breaks in the Deterministic Trend is published in Econometrics Journal, vol. 3, p. 216-249 (2000) and can be found on the web on http://www.res.org.uk/journals/abstracts.asp?ref=1368-4221&vid=3&iid=2&aid=47
2000-W21 John Thanassoulis - Multiproduct Haggling(updated version)
2000-W20 Christopher Bliss - The Smash-and-Grab Game
2000-W19 David Myatt - Strategic Voting Incentives in a Three Party System - Available Soon
2000-W18 Bronwyn H. Hall, Albert N. Link and John T. Scott Universities as Research Partners
2000-W17 Bronwyn H. Hall, Adam Jaffe and Manuel Trajtenberg Market Value and Patent Citations: A First Look
2000-W16 Bronwyn H. Hall and Rosemarie Ham Ziedonis The Patent Paradox Revisited: An Empirical Study of Patenting in the US Semiconductor Industry, 1979-95
2000-W15* Daniel Sgroi The Right Choice at the Right Time: A Herding Experiment in Endogenous Time
2000-W14* Daniel Sgroi Optimizing Information in the Herd . A version of this paper is now published in Games and Economic Behavior 39, 137-166, April 2002.
2000-W13* Ran Spiegler Pro Arugments, Con Arguments and Status Quo Bias in Multi-Issue Decision Problems
2000-W12* John Quah Weak Axiomatic Demand Theory
2000-W11* Leonardo Felli and Kevin Roberts Does Competition Solve the Hold-up Problem?
2000-W10* Margaret Stevens Wage-Tenure Contracts in a Frictional Labour Market: Firms' Strategies for Recruitment and Retention.
2000-W9* Margaret Stevens Reconciling Theoretical and Empirical Human Capital Earnings Functions
2000-W8 Christian List A Note on Measuring Preference Structuration
2000-W7* David Myatt Strategic Voting Under the Qualified Majority Rule
2000-W6* John Quah An Elementary Equilibrium Existence Theorem
2000-W5* David P Myatt and Chris Wallace Dominated Strategies and Equilibrium Selection
2000-W4* Gavin Cameron R&D and Growth at the Industry Level
2000-W3 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard Modelling by Levy processess for financial econometrics, Prepared for a chapter of Barndorff-Nielsen, Ole E and Thomas Mikosch and Sid Resnick (2000) Levy Processes -- Theory and Applications, Birkhauser, Boston.
2000-W2 Christopher Bliss The Application of Toy Economic Models to the Analysis of Globalization
2000-W1 Christopher Bliss A Modification of Ronald Jones's Specific Factors Model; with Historical and other Applications
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
1999-W23 Tina Hviid Rydberg and Neil Shephard Modelling trade-by-trade price movements of multiple assets using multivariate compound Poisson processes.
*1999-W22 David Myatt Instant Exit from the War of Attrition
*1999-W21 David Myatt A New Theory of Strategic Voting
*1999-W20 Richard Breen and Cecilia García-Peñalosa Income Inequality and Macroeconomic Volatility: an Empirical Investigation
1999-W19 Bent Nielsen The Asymptotic Distribution of Unit Root Tests of Unstable Autoregressive Processes
1999-W18 Siddhartha Chib, Federico Nardari and Neil Shephard Analysis of high dimensional multivariate stochastic volatility models
*1999-W17 Leonardo Felli and Kevin Roberts Competition and Hold-Ups
*1999-W16 Paul A. David and Bronwyn Hall, Heart of Darkness: Public-Private Interactions Inside the R&D Black Box.
*1999-W15 John K.-H. Quah. The Weak Axiom and Comparative Statics.
1999-W14 Tina Hviid Rydberg and Neil Shephard, A modelling framework for the prices and times of trades made on the New York stock exchange in W.J. Fitzgerald, R.L. Smith, A.T. Walden and P. C. Young (eds.) Nonlinear and Nonstationary Signal Processing (Cambridge: Newton Institue Series, Cambridge University Press, 2000), forthcoming.
1999-W13 Michael K Pitt and Neil Shephard, Auxiliary variable based particle filters, in A. Doucet, J.F.G. de Freitas and N.J. Gordon (eds.) Sequential Monte Carlo Methods in Practice (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000), forthcoming.
*1999-W12 Paul Klemperer, Auction Theory: A Guide to the Literature
*1999-W11 Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, The Tobacco Deal
*1999-W10 Alessandra Casarico, Pension Systems in Open Economy
1999-W9 Ole E Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard, Non-Gaussian OU based models and some of their uses in financial economics
1999-W8 Bent Nielsen and Neil Shephard, Likelihood Analysis of a First Order Autoregressive Model with Exponential Innovations. Revised July 1999
*1999-W7 Gavin Cameron and John Muellbauer, Earnings, Unemployment, and Housing: Evidence from a Panel of British Regions
*1999-W6 Robin Nuttall, Takeover Likelihood Models for UK Quoted Companies
*1999-W5 Robin Nuttall, An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of the Threat of Takeover on UK Company Performance
*1999-W4 Margaret Stevens, Should Firms be Required to Pay for Vocational Training?
*1999-W3 Bronwyn Hall, Innovation and Market Value
*1999-W2 Jouni Kuha and Jonathan Temple, Covariate measurement error in quadratic regression
*1999-W1 David P. Myatt and Chris Wallace, Sophisticated Play by Idiosyncratic Agents
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
1998-W22* Ben Cooper and Cecilia García-Peñalosa, Status Effects and Negative Utility Growth
1998-W21 Siddhartha Chib, Federico Nardari and Neil Shephard, Markov chain Monte Carlo methods for generalised stochastic volatility models ps
1998-W20* Stephen Morris and Hyun Song Shin, A Theory of the Onset of Currency Attacks
1998-W19. Tina Rydberg and Neil Shephard, The dynamics of trade-by-trade price movements: decomposition and models. ps
1998-W18. Ola Elerian, A note on the existence of a closed form conditional transition density for the Milstein scheme.
1998-W17. Bent Nielsen, Conditional test for rank in bivariate canonical correlation analysis. Published in Biometrika, vol. 88, p. 874-880.
1998-W16*. Gavin Cameron, Catch-Up and Leapfrog between the USA and Japan
1998-W15&147. Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, The Tobacco Deal
1998-W14. Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard, Incorporation of a leverage effect in a stochastic volatility model ps
1998-W13. Bent Nielsen and Anders Rahbek, Similarity Issues in Cointegration Models, is published in Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, vol. 62, p. 5-22. (2000).
1998-W12&145. Christopher Bliss, The Ergodic Distribution of Wealth with Random Shocks
1998-W11&144. James Proudman and Stephen Redding, Evolving Patterns of International Trade
1998-W10. Ola Elerian, Siddhartha Chib and Neil Shephard, Likelihood inference for discretely observed diffusions. Revised August 1998. Revised again, May 1999, available here
1998-W9&143. Bronwyn H. Hall, Jacques Mairesse, Benoît Mulkay, Firm Level Investment in France and the United States: An exploration of what we have learned in twenty years
1998-W8&142. Bronwyn H. Hall, Jacques Mairesse, Lee Branstetter and Bruno Crepon, Does Cash Flow cause Investment and R&d: An Exploration Using Panel Data for French, Japanese, and United States Scientific Firms
1998-W7 Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard, Aggregation and model construction for volatility models, ps, Zipped ps
1998-W6 Siem Jan Koopman, Neil Shephard and Jurgen Doornik, Statistical algorithms for models in state space using SsfPack 2.2, forthcoming Econometrics Journal 2, (1999).
1998-W5 Michael K Pitt and Neil Shephard (1999), Time Varying Covariances: A Factor Stochastic Volatility Approach (with discussion), In J.M. Bernardo, J.O. Berger, A.P. Dawid and A.F.M. Smith (eds.) Bayesian Statistics 6, Proceedings of the Sixth Valencia International Meeting 547-570 (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
1998-W4 Jeremy Bulow, Ming Huang and Paul Klemperer, Toeholds and Takeovers Zipped
1998-W3 Paul Klemperer, Auctions with Almost Common Values: The "Wallet Game" and its Applications Zipped
1998-W2& Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, Prices and the Winner's Curse
1998-W1 Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, The Generalized War of Attrition Zipped.
*This paper has been circulated on paper as well as electronically.
1997-W17 Richard J. Gilbert and Paul Klemperer, An Equilibrium Theory of Rationing
1997-W16 Stephen Redding, Dynamic Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Effects of Trade Zipped. PDF.
1997-W15 Aurora Manrique and Neil Shephard, ,Likelihood analysis of a discrete bid/ask price model for a common stock Zipped.
1997-W14 Lones Smith and Peter Sørensen, Informational Herding and Optimal Experimentation, pdf, Zipped.
1997-W13 Michael K Pitt and Neil Shephard, Filtering via simulation: auxiliary particle filter. J. American Statistical Association (1999), 95, 590-9.
1997-W12 Bent Nielsen. The Likelihood Ratio Test for Rank in Bivariate Canonical Correlation Analysis. Biometrika (1999), 86, 279-288.
1997-W11 Jurgen Doornik, A Convenient Approximation to the Asymptotic Distribution of Cointegration tests Zipped.
1997-W10 Bent Nielsen. On the Distribution of Tests of Cointegration. Econometric Reviews (2004), 23, 1-23.
1997-W9 Robin Mason and Timothy Swanson Entry Deterrence and Environmental Regulation, Figures, Abstract.
1997-W8. Jurgen A Doornik, Gerrit Draisma and Marius Ooms Introduction to Ox. This link is to a zipped file containing both a paper and software examples.
1997-W7. Manuel Arellano, Stephen Bond and Jurgen A Doornik Dynamic panel data estimation using DPD for Ox. This link is to a zipped file containing both the paper and software.
1997-W6. Neil Shephard, The relationship between the conditional sum of squares and the exact likelihood for autoregressive moving average models Zipped. Abstract. Pdf. Revised Sept. 1997.
W32. Bent Nielsen, Asymptotic results for cointegration tests in non-stable cases Zipped. Abstract.
W31. David P Myatt & Chris Wallace, Adaptive dynamics with payoff heterogeneity Zipped.
W30. Robin Mason, Dynamic Pollution Games
W29. Neil R. Ericsson, David F. Hendry, & Kevin M. PrestiwchThe UK Demand for Broad Money over the Long run Abstract
W28. Aurora Manrique & Neil Shephard, Likelihood inference for limited dependent processes, Econometrics Journal, (1998) 1, C174--C202. Copyright for this article is held by the Royal Economic Society, but is made available on this site for personal use free of charge by permission of the Society.
W26, revised version of W3 Sangjoon Kim, Neil Shephard and Siddhartha Chib Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models. Review of Economic Studies, (1998) 65, 361--93
W25. Brian D. Bell, Skill-Biased Technical Change and Wages: Evidence from a Longitudinal Data Set Abstract Zipped
W24. Michael K Pitt and Neil Shephard, Antithetic MCMC for non-Gaussian measurements with applications to stochastic volatility, American Statistical Association, 1996 Proceedings of the Bayesian Statistics Section, 81-6. This paper is made available on this site for personal use free of charge by permission of the American Statistical Association and Michael K Pitt and Neil Shephard (whom hold the copyright). (published 1997)
W23&118. Christopher Bliss, Long-Run Wealth Distribution with Random Shocks Zipped version.
W22&116. Jonathan Temple & Hans-Joachim Voth, "Human capital, equipment investment, and industrialization." European Economic Review, July 1998, 42(7), 1343-1362. .
W21&114. Jonathan Temple & Paul Johnson, Social capability and economic development,, Abstract. Zipped version.. A much revised version of this paper appeared in the Quarterly Journal of Economics. August 1998, 113(3), 965-990 under the title "Social Capability and Economic Growth".
W20&113. Michael K Pitt & Neil Shephard, Analytic convergence rates and parameterisation issues for the Gibbs sampler applied to state space models. Journal of Time Series Analysis, (1999), 20, 63-85.
W19&111. Richard H Spady, Nonparametric inference by quasi-likelihood methods, Figures 1, Figures 2. All three files are held in the zipped file.
W18&106. Jonathan Temple, "Testing the augmented Solow Model. "Journal of Applied Econometrics, July-August 1998, 13(4), 361-375.
W17&110. Edmund Cannon, Knowledge, Physical Capital and Creative Destruction Zipped version.
W16&105. Christopher Bliss, Corruption with Small Corrupt Agents Zipped
W15&108, revised as W27. Neil Shephard & Michael K Pitt, `Likelihood inference for non-Gaussian measurement time series,' (1997) Biometrika, 84, 653-67.
W14&104. R Blundell & Steven Bond, Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models. Zipped
W13&103. A B Atkinson, Income Distribution in Europe and the United States Zipped.Pdf.
W12. Guido W Imbens, Richard H Spady & Phillip Johnson, `Information theoretic approaches to inference in moment condition models,' (1998) Econometrica, 66, 333-57.
W11&98. Bent Nielsen, `Bartlett correction of the unit root test in autoregressive models,' (1997) Biometrika, 84, 500-504.
W10&95. Steve Corcoran, A C Davison & Richard H Spady, Reliable inference from empirical likelihoods.
W9&94. Neil Shephard, `Statistical aspects of ARCH and stochastic volatility', in Time Series Models in Econometrics, Finance and Other Fields, 1-67, edited by D.R.Cox, O.E.Barndorff-Nielson and D.V.Hinkley. (1996) London: Chapman and Hall.
W8. Neil Shephard, Generalized linear autoregressions. Zipped Abstract
W7. David Hendry, `On the interactions of unit roots and exogeneity', (1995) Econometric Reviews, 14.
W6. Luigi Ermini & David Hendry, Log income versus linear income: an application of the encompassing principle. Zipped
W5. Rebecca A Emerson and David Hendry, `An evaluation of forecasting using leading indicators', (1996) Journal of Forecasting, 15.
W3. Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard, Revised as W26.
W2. Piet De Jong and Neil Shephard, `Efficient sampling from the smoothing density in time series models.' (1995) Biometrika, 82, 339--350.
W1. Andrew C Harvey and Neil Shephard, `The estimation of an asymmetric stochastic volatility model for asset returns.' (1996) Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 14, 429-434.
W4&91. Jurgen A Doornik & Henrik Hansen, An omnibus test for univariate and multivariate normality.' Zipped
All of the below are available in booklets, but some of the later years (1994-1998) are also available for download under the relevant years above.
149. Stephen Morris and Hyun Song Shin, September 1998, 'A Theory of the Onset of Currency Attacks' Abstract
148. Gavin Cameron, September 1998, 'Catch-Up and Leapfrog between the USA and Japan' Abstract
147. Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, August 1998, 'The Tobacco Deal.' Abstract
146. Ola Elerian, Siddhartha Chib and Neil Shephard, August 1998, 'Likelihood Inference for Discretely Observed Non-linear Diffusions.' Abstract
145. Christopher Bliss, July 1998, 'Ergodic Distribution of Wealth with Random Shocks.' Abstract
144. James Proudman and Stephen Redding, 'Evolving Patterns of International Trade.' Abstract
143. Bronwyn H. Hall, Jacques Mairesse, Benoît Mulkay, 'Firm level investment in France and the United States: An exploration of what we have learned in twenty years.' Abstract
142. Bronwyn H. Hall, Jacques Mairesse, Lee Branstetter and Bruno Crepon, 'Does Cash Flow Cause Investment and R&D: An Exploration Using Panel Data for French, Japanese, and United States Scientific Firms.' Abstract
141. Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen and Neil Shephard, 'Aggregation and Model Construction for Volatility Models.' Abstract
140. Stephen Redding, 'Dynamic Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Effects of Trade.' Abstract
139. Lones Smith and Peter Sørensen, 'Informational Herding and Optimal Experimentation.' Abstract
138 Michael K. Pitt and Neil Shephard, 'Filterning Via Simulation: Auxiliary Particle Filters.' Abstract
137. Sujoy Mukerji and Hyun Song Shin, 'Equilibrium Departures from Common Knowledge in Games with Non-Additive Expected Utility.' Abstract
136. Bent Nielsen, 'Significance Test in Bivariate Canonical Correlation Analysis.' Abstract
135. Richard Breen and Cecilia García-Peñalosa, 'A Rational Learning Model of Gender Segregation in Labour Markets.' Abstract
134. Paul Klemperer, July 1997, 'Almost Common Value Auctions: The "Wallet Game" and its Applications to Takeover Battles and Airwaves Auctions.' Abstract
133. Bent Nielsen, May 1997, `On the Distribution of Tests for Cointegration Rank, Abstract
132. Robin Mason and Timothy Swanson, May 1997, `Entry Deterrence and Environmental Regulation', Abstract
131. Bent Nielsen, May 1997, `Asymptotic Results for Cointegration Tests in Non-Stable Cases' Abstract
130. David P. Myatt and Chris Wallace, May 1997, 'Adaptive Dynamics with Payoff Heterogeneity', Abstract
129. Robin Mason, April 1997, `Dynamic Pollution Games'. Abstract
128. Robin Mason, April 1996, `An Options-Based Model of Equilibrium Credit Rationing', Abstract
127. John K-H Quah, January 1997, `The Monotonicity of Individual and Market Demand', Abstract
126. Stephen Morris and Hyun Song Shin, January 1997, `Unique Equilibrium in a Model of Self-Fulfilling Currency Attacks', Abstract
125. John Muellbauer and Anthony Murphy, December 1996, `Booms and Busts in the UK Housing Market', Abstract
124. Hyun Song Shin, December 1996, `Adversarial and Inquisitorial Procedures in Arbitration', Abstract
123. John Muellbauer, November 1996, `Income Persistence and Macro-Policy Feedbacks in the US', Abstract
122. Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, November 1996, `The Generalized War of Attrition', Abstract
121. Jeremy Bulow, Ming Huang and Paul Klemperer, August 1996, `Toeholds and Takeovers', Abstract
120. Murugappa Krishnan, Srinivasan Sankaraguruswamy and Hyun Song Shin, October 1996, `Skewness of Earnings and the Believability Hypothesis: How Does the Financial Market Discount Accounting Earnings Disclosures?' Abstract
119. Brian D. Bell, October 1996, `Skill-Biased Technical Change and Wages: Evidence from a Longitudinal Data Set', Abstract
118. Christopher Bliss, August 1996, `Long-Run Wealth Distribution with Random Shocks', Abstract
117. A. B. Atkinson, August 1996, `Bringing Income Distributions in from the Cold',
116. Jonathan Temple and Hans-Joachim Voth, July 1996, `Human Capital, Equipment Investment, and Industralization', Abstract
115. Lones Smith and Peter Sørensen, July 1996, ` Pathological Outcomes of Observational Learning', Abstract
114. Jonathan Temple and Paul Johnson, July 1996, `Social Capability and Economic Development', Abstract
113. Michael K. Pitt and Neil Shephard, June 1996, `Analytic Convergence Rates and Parameterisation Issues for the Gibbs Sampler Applied to State Space Models', Abstract, Journal of Time Series Analysis, forthcoming.
112. Chol-Won Li, April 1996, `Inequality, Market Structure, and Growth: A Neo-Schumpeterian Perspective', Abstract
111. Richard Spady, March 1996, `Non-Parametric Inference via Quasi-Likelihood Methods', Abstract
110. Edmund Cannon, February 1996, `Knowledge, Physical Capital and Creative Destruction', Abstract
109. Stephen Redding, February 1996, `Is There a Penalty to being a Pioneer? Abstract
108. Neil Shephard and Michael Pitt, December 1995, `Likelihood Analysis of Non-Gaussian Parameter-Driven Models', Abstract, a revised version of this paper, under the title "Likelihood analysis of non-Gaussian measurement time series", Biometrika, 84, 653-67
107. Brian Bell and Michael Pitt, November 1995, `Trade Union Decline and the Distribution of Wages in the UK: Evidence from Kernel Density Estimation', Abstract
106. Jonathan Temple, November 1995, `Testing the augmented Solow Model', Abstract
105. Christopher Bliss and Rafael Di Tella, October 1995, `Corruption with Small Corrupt Agents' Abstract
104. Richard Blundell and Stephen Bond, October 1995, `Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models', Summary
103. A. B. Atkinson, September 1995, `Income Distribution in Europe and the United States'
102. Margaret A. Meyer, Trond E. Olsen and Gaute Torsvik, September 1995, `Limited Intertemporal Commitment and Job Design', Abstract, appeared in Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, (1996), 31, pp.401-417.
101. Helen Jenkins, August 1995, `Education and Production in the United Kingdom', Abstract
100. Christopher Bliss, August 1995, `Capital Mobility, Convergence Clubs and Long-Run Economic Growth', Abstract
99. Guido W Imbens, Phillip Johnson and Richard H Spady, July 1995, `Information Theoretic Approaches to Inference in Moment Condition Models', Abstract
98. Bent Nielson, June 1995 `Bartlett Correction of the Unit Root Test in Autogressive Models', Summary
97. Cecilia García Peñalosa, May 1995 `Absolute Poverty or Relative Inequality: A Theory of Growth and Wage Differentials', Abstract
96. Margaret A Meyer and John Vickers, Nov 1994 `Performance Comparisons and Dynamic Incentives', Abstract, appeared in Journal of Political Economy, (1997), 105 (3), pp.547-581.
95. Steve Corcoran, A C Davison and Richard H Spady, Mar 1995 `Reliable Inference from Empirical Likelihoods', Abstract
94. Neil Shephard, April 1995 `Statistical Aspects of ARCH and Stochastic Volatility.' `Time Series Models In Econometrics, Finance and Other Fields,' edited by D.R.Cox, D.V.Hinkley and O.E.Barndorff-Nielson, 1-67, Chapman & Hall, 1996.
93. Christopher Bliss `Dirty Trade: Slack, Enviromental Regulation and Trade Policy', Abstract
92. Shinsuke Kambe, Oct 1994 `Bargaing with Imperfect Commitment', Abstract
91. Jurgen A Doornik and Henrik Hansen, Sept 1994 `An Omnibus Test for Univariate and Multivariate Normality', Abstract
90. Shinsuke Kambe, August 1994 `When is there a Unique Equilibrium in Less Structured Bargaining?' Abstract
89. J A Mirrlees, August 1994 `Welfare Economics and Economies of Scale' Abstract
88. Philippe Aghion and Jean Tirole, Feb 1994 `Formal and Real Authority in Organizations' Abstract
87. Philippe Aghion and Olivier Jean Blanchard, April 1994 `On the Speed of transition in Central Europe' appeared in NBER Macro Annals (1994). Abstract
86. Philippe Aghion and Thomas Piketty, Nov 1993 `Social Mobility and Corporate Development' Abstract
85. Margaret A Meyer, March 1994 `The Dynamics of Learning with Team Production: Implications for Task Assignment' Abstract, appeared in The Quarterly Journal of Economics, (1994), 109, (4), pp.1157-1184.
84. Philippe Aghion, Olivier Blanchard and Robin Burgess, August 1993 `The Behaviour of State Firms in Eastern Europe Pre-Privatization' appeared in European Economic Review, (1994), ??, ???-??.
83. Philippe Aghion and Jean Tirole, Sept 1993 `Opening the Blackbox of Innovation' appeared in European Economic Review, (1994), ??, ???-??.
82. Philippe Aghion and Patrick Bolton, Sept 1993 `A Theory of Trickle-down Growth and Development with Debt-overhang' Abstract
81. Jeremy Bulow and Paul Klemperer, Nov 1993 `Auctions vs. Negotiations' Abstract
80. Philippe Aghion and Jean Tirole, April 1993 `On the Management of Innovation'
79. Phillipe Aghion and Gilles Saint-Paul, Sept 1993 `Uncovering Some Causal Relationships Between Productivity Growth and the Structure of Economic Fluctuations'
78. Stephen Bond and Michael Devereux, Nov 1993 `On the Design of a Neutral Business Tax Under Uncertainty'
77. Richard J Gilbert & Paul Klemperer, Feb 1993 `An Equilibrium Theory of Rationing'
76. Paul Klemperer & Jorge Padilla, May 1993 `Do Firms' Product Lines Include Too Many Varieties, and Do Shops Open Too Many Days'
75. Oliver Linton, July 1992 `Small Sample Properties of Adaptive GLS Estimators'
74. Hans W Gottinger, March 1992 `Decentralized Control of Greenhouse Gas Emmisions: Co-ordination and Co-operation'
73. Oliver Linton, July 1992 `Edgeworth Approximation for Generalised Minimum Contrast Estimators in Semiparametric Regression Models'
72. Benn Steil, May 1992 `Currency Options and the Optimal Hedging of Contingent Foreign Exchange Exposure'
71. A J Padilla, Jan 1992 `Dynamic Duopoly with Consumer Switching Costs'
70. Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, Oct 1991 `Rational Frenzies and Crashes'
69. Margaret A Meyer, Sept 1991 `Biased Contests and Moral Hazard: Implications for Career Profiles', Abstract, appeared in Annales d'Économie et de Statistique, (1992), 25/26, pp.165-187.
68. Margaret A Meyer, Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, Dec 1991 `Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes', Abstract, appeared in Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, (1992), 1, (1), pp.9-35.
67. M FG Scott, Jan 1992 `The Cost of Equity Capital and the Risk Premium on Equities'
66. Kai-Uwe Kuhn & A Jorge Padilla, August 1991 `Product Line Decisions and the Coase Conjecture'
65. Kai-Uwe Kuhn, Feb 1991 `Vertical Restraints in a Manufacturer Duopoly: The Case of Nonlinear Pricing'
64. Kai-Uwe Kuhn, Sept 1990 `Labour Contracts, Imperfect Competition in the Product Market, the Involuntary Unemployment: On the Vertical Spillover of Market Imperfections'
63. Hans W Gottinger, Nov 1990 `Economic Models of Optimal Energy Use under Global Environmental Constraints'
62. Nils-Henrik von der Fehr, Oct 1990 `How Entry Threats Induce Slack'
61. Nils-Henrik von der Fehr, March 1991 `Predatory Bidding in Sequential Auctions: An Explanation for the "Price Decline Anomaly"'
60. Nils-Henrik von der Fehr, Feb 1991 `An Auction Approach to the Study of Spot Market Competition in a Deregulated Electricity Industry'
59. Maurice FG Scott, March 1991 `Obsolescence and the Analysis of Economic Growth'
58. Sudhir Anand & Christopher Harris, Dec 1990 `Issues in the Measurement of Undernutrition'
57. M FG Scott, August 1990 `Some Comments on the Revised System of National Accounts: Preliminary Draft Chapters'
56. H L Allen, B McCormick & R J O'Brien, August 1990 `Unemployment and the Demand for Retraining: An Econometric Analysis'
55. Paul Klemperer `Product Line Competition and Shopping Costs: Why Firms May Choose to Compete Head-to-Head'
54. Christopher Bliss, Sept 1990 `The Natural Rate of Unemployment in a Model with Trade Unions'
53. Christopher Harris, August 1990 `The Existence of Subgame-Pefect-Equilibria with and without Markov Strategies: a Case for Extensive-Form Correlation' Econometrica, 63, 507-544.
52. Nils-Henrik von der Fehr & Kai-Uwe Kuhn, March 1991 `Coase vs Pacman: Who Eats Whom in the Durable Goods Monopoly?'
51. Philipe Aghion, Patrick Bolton, Christopher Harris & Bruno Jullien, April 1990 `Optimal Learning by Experimentation'
50. Christopher Bliss, April 1990 `Nominal Wage Setting and the Theory of Games' appeared in Gale, D and O Hart (eds) (1991) `Prices, Equilibrium and Games: Essays in Honour of F H Hahn', Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
49. Margaret A Meyer, April 1990 `Interdependence in Multivariate Distributions: Stochastic Dominance Theorems and an Application to the Measurement of Ex Post Inequality under Uncertainty' Abstract
48. Nils Gottfries & Barry McCormick, March 1990 `Discrimination and Open Unemployment in a Segmented Labour Market'
47. Christopher Budd, Christopher Harris & John Vickers, Feb 1990 `A Model of the Evolution of Duopoly: Does the Asymmetry between Firms tend to Increase or Decrease?' appeared in Review of Economic Studies, (1993), 60, 543--573.
46. Margaret A Meyer, August 1989 `Learning from Coarse Information: Biased Contests and Career Profiles' Abstract, appeared in Review of Economic Studies, (1991), 58, pp. 15-41.
45. Alan Beggs & Paul Klemperer, August 1989 `Multi-Period Competition with Switching Costs' appeared in Econometrica, (1992), 60, 651--666.
44. Christopher Harris & John Vickers, August 1989 `Innovation and Natural Resources: A Dynamic Game with Uncertainty'
43. P A Diamond & J A Mirrlees, March 1989 `Optimal Taxation of Identical Consumers when Markets are Incomplete' appeared in Partha Dasgupta et al (eds) (1992) `Economic Analaysis of Markets and Games. Essays in Honour of Frank Hahn, Cambridge Mass: MIT Press.
42. Hyun Song Shin, Feb 1989 `Counter Factuals and a Theory of Equilibrium in Games'
41. David F Hendry & Neil R Ericsson, Jan 1989 `An Econometric Analysis of UK Money Demand in Monetary Trends in the US and the UK by M Friedman & A J Schwartz' appeared in American Economic Review, (1991), 81, 8--38.
40. Paul D Klemperer, Dec 1988 `Price Wars Caused by Switching Costs'
39. Paul D Klemperer, Feb 1989 `How Broad Should the Scope of Patent Protection Be?'
38. Alan Beggs, Sept 1988 `Two-sided Information Transmission: How Many Dates Should I Invite to The Party?'
37. Paul D Klemperer & Margaret A Meyer, Oct 1988 `Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty' Abstract, appeared in Econometrica, (1989), 57, (6), pp.1243-1277.
36. Kevin Denny, Oct 1988 `Modelling Trade Union Membership: Open Shops and Private Goods'
35. Paul D Klemperer & Margaret A Meyer, Oct 1987 `Consistent Conjectures Equilibria: A Reformulation Showing Non-Uniqueness' Abstract, appeared in Economics Letters, (1988), 27, pp.111-115.
34. Anindya Banerjee, Juan Dolado & John W Galbraith, June 1988 `Orthogonality Tests with De-Trended Data: Interpreting Monte Carlo Results using Nagar Expansions' appeared in Economic Letters (1990), 32, 19--24.
33. Anindya Banerjee & Timothy Besley, Feb 1988 `Moral Hazard and Limited Liability in the Market for Loans: Credit Restrictions versus Credit Rationing'
32. Timothy Besley, June 1988 `Welfare Improving User Charges for Publicly Provided Private Goods'
31. Christopher Harris, June 1988 `Search by a Monopolist Facing Unknown Demand'
30. Christopher Harris, May 1988 `Dynamic Competition for Market Share: An Undiscounted Model'
29. Venkataraman Bhaskar, July 1988 `Rational Play in a Quick Response Duopoly'
28. Venkataraman Bhaskar, Jan 1988 `Profitability & Investment: A Synthesis of Substitution and Capacity Considerations'
27. Yoshihisa Baba, David F Hendry & Ross M Starr, Dec 1987 `U.S. Money Demand, 1960-1984' appeared in Review of Economic Studies, (1992), 59, 25--61.
26. Manuel Arellano & J D Sargan, Jan 1988 `Imhof Approximations to Econometric Estimators'
25. Hyun Song Shin, Nov 1987 `Logical Structure of Common Knowledge II: Is Common Knowledge Possible between Algorithmic Individuals?'
24. Hyun Song Shin, Dec 1987 `Logical Structure of Common Knowledge I: A Framework for the Analysis of Differential Information'
23. Olympia Bover, Nov 1987 `Estimating Intertemporal Labour Supply Elasticities using Structural Models'
22. John Muellbauer, Sept 1987 `The Community Charge, Rates and Tax Reform'
21. David F Hendry, Adrian J Neale & Frank Srba, Sept 1987 `Econometric Analysis of Small Linear Systems Using PC - FIML' appeared in Journal of Econometrics, 38, 203--226.
20. Timothy Besley, April 1987 `Medical Insurance, Moral Hazard and the Price of Health'
19. Venkataraman Bhaskar `The Kinked Demand Curve: A Game Theoretic Approach'
18. Manuel Arellano, July 1987 `An Efficient GLS Estimator of Triangular Models with Covariance Restrictions'
17. Manuel Arellano, July 1987 `On the Efficient Estimation of Simultaneous Equations with Covariance Restrictions'
16. Giacomo Bonanno, June 1987 `The Logic of Rational Play in Extensive Games'
15. David F Hendry, May 1987 `Econometrics in Action'
14. Ivan Viehoff, Feb 1987 `Bargaining Between a Monopoly and an Oligopoly'
13. Anindya Banerjee & Juan Dolado, `Tests of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis in the Presence of Random Walks: An Interpretation using Nagar Expansions' appeared in Oxford Economic Papers, (1990) 40, 610--633.
12. Timothy Besley, Jan 1987 `When is Reimbursement Health Insurance Optimal?'
11. W M Gorman, Dec 1986 `More Measures for Fixed Factors' appeared in Miles, G (ed) (1990) `Measurement and Modelling in Economics', Amsterdam: North-Holland.
10. fUlrich Zachau, Jan 1987 `Who Cooperates With Whom?'
9. Patrick Bolton & Giacomo Bonanno, Jan 1987 `Vertical Restraints on a Model of Vertical Differfentiation'
8. Anindya Banerjee & Timothy Besley, Sept 1986 `Moral Hazard, Limited Liability and the Corporation Tax'
7. Christopher Harris, Sept 1986 `On Strategic Taxation'
6. W M Gorman & G D Myles, March 1986 `Separability and Characteristics'
5. Ulrich Zachau, Nov 1986 `Strategic Quantity Signalling in a Duopoly Game'
4. Christopher Harris & John Vickers, April 1986 `Racing with Uncertainty' appeared in Review of Economic Studies, (1987) 52, 1--21.
3. Christopher Bliss, April 1986 `The Economic Theory of Retailing'
2. W M Gorman, March 1986 `Assembling Efficient Organizations?'
1. David F Hendry, Jan 1986 `Econometric Methodology: A Personal Perspective' appeared as Chapter 10 in Bewley, T.F. (ed) (1987) `Advances in Econometrics,' Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Notice that the Copyright © of each of these papers is held by their authors. It is illegal to make multiple copies of these papers without permission from them.
Disclaimer. The administrators respectfully request that the authors immediately inform them when any paper is published to avoid copyright infringment. Note that unauthorized copyright material is illegal and may lead to prosecution. Neither the administrators nor Nuffield College accept any liability in this respect.
Administrators. The economics group's electronic preprints are kept in order by Maxine Collett
. Please report any problems/comments you have with this page to her.