HR and Recruitment Administrator
Application deadline: 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019
Salary: £25,062 - £29,819 per annum
Nuffield College seeks to appoint an HR and Recruitment Administrator to provide support for recruitment processes in the College, with a particular focus on arrangements for Certificate of Sponsorship applications and visa-related processes. The post-holder will also provide more general support for full life-cycle HR processes. The core duties of this post include:
- supporting and coordinating the administration of recruitment exercises for academic and non-academic posts;
- preparing standard letters of appointment and contracts, and ensuring relevant pre-employment checks are completed;
- coordinating Tier 2 Visa Certificate of Sponsorship applications and other visa-related requests;
- supporting the HR Officer and heads of College departments in standard HR processes within College, including induction, probation, personal development reviews, training, leave arrangements, sickness absence, and leavers;
- Ensuring that approval processes for the engagement of casual staff are followed.
The successful candidate must have administrative and HR experience preferably within Higher Education; strong IT, organisational and interpersonal skills; the ability to deal confidently with complex processes and to work accurately; a flexible approach to work and a commitment to improving services and standards.
This is intended to be a full-time position, but we would also welcome applications from candidates who wish to hold the post on a part-time (>0.5 FTE) basis.
Our benefits package includes 41 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays and closed periods at Christmas and Easter, free meals whilst on duty, a season-ticket loan scheme, and contributory pension scheme.
We ask applicants to apply online through the Interfolio web recruitment service. Full details of the role, including selection criteria and information on how to apply can be found in the job description here:
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply' link below. This will take you to the Interfolio Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register for an account (if you have not done so previously) and log in before completing an online application.
(We have been informed that the Interfolio application webpage is currently not accessible through Internet Explorer. If you encounter difficulties, please try this link with another browser.)
For the online application you will be asked to complete an application form and a recruitment monitoring form, and to upload the following documents:
- a covering letter which describes the ways in which you meet the selection criteria for the post, as set out above, and indicates whether you are applying for the full-time post or wish to take up the post on a part-time basis; and
- a curriculum vitae (CV), which should include the names and postal and email addresses of two referees. We will assume that we may approach your referees at any stage unless you tell us otherwise, so please state clearly if you wish to be contacted before a referee is approached.
If you have any technical difficulties submitting your online application, please contact Interfolio at email@example.com. For other queries, please contact the HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, for your convenience, you wish to submit a hard-copy application, please contact the Nuffield College HR Department at email@example.com. Interfolio is a US-based service which processes data on servers based outside the EEA, but which complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (see www.interfolio.com/privacy-policy/). Information submitted via hard-copy is not processed through Interfolio.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 2 September 2019.
Interviews are likely to take place in the week beginning 16 September 2019.
Nuffield College exists to promote excellence in education and research, and is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and valuing diversity. Applications are particularly welcome from women, disabled people, and from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in posts in the College.