Our helpful information is arranged under main headings below. Please note that many of these links point to places on our College Intranet and will prompt you to login to see the Intranet page.
- Come and see us, email or call us (where are we?)
- What are the rules?
- I should encrypt my device? How?
- I’ve lost my hand-held device and would like to wipe it remotely. How?
- I need to change my passwords quickly
Email and personal web pages
- Can I get a personal page on the Nuffield site?
- I need to use Nexus email in a web browser (e.g. from home)
- I need to access a shared email mailbox via a web browser
Storing files and documents
Hosting 'virtual' meetings and seminars
- See our case studies on using Microsoft Teams for major events/conferences
- Full version (and shortened version): with thanks to Luke Jackson and Climate Econometrics colleagues
- See further information on teaching etc. from our COVID-19 intranet page
- Microsoft Teams is recommended. See the University guidance on the use of Zoom
Accessing my files when away from College
- 'Mapping’ your home drive using Windows
- ‘Mapping’ your home drive using OSX
- Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) as if you were directly connected to the University and/or College network
Software and Remote Desktop
- Accessing software via Remote Desktop
- The Compute server
- Software Available to Students and Research Fellows
- Microsoft License Re-Activation
Securely transmitting personal data
- I need to give some personal data or highly sensitive data to someone outside of College
- How do I do that? Please see our step-by-step guide for handling personal data.
- Can I have a computer on loan?
Any problem that isn’t listed here
- A general problem with your computer
- Problems with Nexus email – Contact Us or go straight to Central IT Services