Access and admission
Monday-Friday 9:30 - 17:30
Mid-July to mid-September:
Monday-Friday 13:30 - 17:30
Potential archive readers: morning access is usually still possible during the summer opening period. Please email us with your requested dates.
Christmas 2016 - closed from Thursday 22nd December, 12:15 until Tuesday 3rd January, 9:30.
Easter 2017 - closed from Wednesday 12th to Monday 17th April inclusive.
Summer 2017 - closed mornings from 17th July to 15th September (open: 13:30 - 17:30.)
August Bank Holiday 2017 - closed on Monday 28th August
HOW TO FIND US
The entrance to the Library is located on the right as you enter Nuffield College (opposite the Porters' Lodge).
Registration for use of the Library is renewed annually and offered to:
- Members and Associate members of the College, former members of the College
- Graduate students and staff from other Oxford Colleges and University institutions
- Such other persons as may be admitted from time to time by the Librarian.
Applications under a) and b) should be made to the Library Circulation Desk where your University card will be registered for access. Applicants under c) may be admitted at the discretion of the Librarian; applications should be made in advance and should be supported by a Fellow of the College or by a letter of recommendation.
All members of Nuffield College may borrow from the Library - you will be issued with a copy of the Library notes and rules when you register.
The following have limited borrowing rights (3 books):
- Former members of Nuffield College
- Members of St Antony's College
- Research postgraduates (i.e. DPhil students) and members of staff at Oxford University
Please note: taught course (Masters) students and undergraduates may not borrow. The Library has a reference collection of core reading list material for Taught-course-collection social science courses.