Access and admission
Monday-Friday 13:30 - 17:30
Easter 2019 - closed from Wednesday 17th April to Monday 22nd April inclusive.
1st - 31st August 2019.
NB, current members of Nuffield College have 24x7 access to the Library with their key.
HOW TO FIND US
The entrance to the Library is located on the right as you enter Nuffield College (opposite the Porters' Lodge).
Registration for use of the Library is renewed annually and offered to:
- Members and Associate members of the College, former members of the College
- Graduate students and staff from other Oxford Colleges and University institutions
- Such other persons as may be admitted from time to time by the Librarian.
Applications under a) and b) should be made to the Library Circulation Desk where your University card will be registered for access. Applicants under c) may be admitted at the discretion of the Librarian; applications should be made in advance and should be supported by a Fellow of the College or by a letter of recommendation.
All members of Nuffield College may borrow from the Library - you will be issued with a copy of the Library notes and rules when you register.
The following have limited borrowing rights (3 books):
- Former members of Nuffield College
- Members of St Antony's College
- Research postgraduates (i.e. DPhil students) and members of staff at Oxford University
Please note: taught course (Masters) students and undergraduates may not borrow. The Library has a reference collection of core reading list material for Taught-course-collection social science courses.