Access and admission
Due to the ongoing period of restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Nuffield Library is currently closed to external readers, Associate Members and alumni. Information on access, services and support to College members under the current circumstances may be found on the Library’s intranet page and supersede the normal procedures set out below.
Current members of Nuffield College have access to the Library between 10:00-22:00 with their key.
OPENING HOURS FOR EXTERNAL READERS
Monday-Friday 13:30 - 17:30
Christmas 2021: 23 December - 3 January
Easter 2022: 13-18 April
HOW TO FIND US
The entrance to the Library is located on the right as you enter Nuffield College (opposite the Porters' Lodge).
Registration for use of the Library is renewed annually and offered to:
- Members and Associate members of the College, former members of the College
- Graduate students and staff from other Oxford Colleges and University institutions
- Such other persons as may be admitted from time to time by the Librarian.
Applications under a) and b) should be made to the Library Circulation Desk where your University card will be registered for access. Applicants under c) may be admitted at the discretion of the Librarian; applications should be made in advance and should be supported by a Fellow of the College or by a letter of recommendation.
All members of Nuffield College may borrow from the Library - you will be issued with a copy of the Library notes and rules when you register.
The following have limited borrowing rights (3 books):
- Former members of Nuffield College
- Members of St Antony's College
- Research postgraduates (i.e. DPhil students) and members of staff at Oxford University
Please note: taught course (Masters) students and undergraduates may not borrow. The Library has a reference collection of core reading list material for Taught-course-collection social science courses.