Access and admission
Current members of Nuffield College have access to the Library 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with their key.
Other members of the University (postgraduate students, researchers and staff), and Nuffield alumni who wish to apply to use the Library should complete our online registration form and book a time to come and have their card activated for access. You must do this in advance; we will not admit enquirers who just turn up.
Hours for external readers: Monday-Friday 10.00-15.30
With the following exceptions:
Monday 12th December 2022
Thursday 22nd December 2022 - Monday 2nd January 2023
Thursday 6th April - Tuesday 11th April 2023
The month of August 2023
Christmas 2022: 23 December - 2 January
Easter 2023: 6-11 April
HOW TO FIND US
The entrance to the Library is located on the right as you enter Nuffield College (opposite the Porters' Lodge).
Registration for use of the Library is renewed annually and offered to:
- Members and Associate members of the College, former members of the College
- Graduate students and staff from other Oxford Colleges and University institutions
- Such other persons as may be admitted from time to time by the Librarian.
Current members of the College will either be registered automatically or receive a welcome email with a link to register.
Former members of the College, and graduate students and staff from elsewhere in the University, must register online
All members of Nuffield College may borrow from the Library - you will be issued with a copy of the Library notes and rules when you register.
The following have limited borrowing rights (3 books):
- Former members of Nuffield College
- Members of St Antony's College
- Research postgraduates (i.e. DPhil students) and members of staff at Oxford University
- Taught course postgraduates (i.e. Masters students) in Sociology.
Please note: other taught course (Masters) students and undergraduates may not borrow. The Library has a reference collection of core reading list material for Taught-course-collection social science courses.