Wifi for College members
Given the choice, which should I use?
If you find yourself able to use either, the advantage with Nuffield-Net is that you are able to access some Nuffield (internal) resources as if you were attached to the wired network. You may possibly enjoy higher bandwidth at times as well.
The advantage with Eduroam is that the same connection may work (with the same credentials, automatically re-connecting) when you travel to many other parts of the University, and indeed other academic institutions.
See our Eduroam page if that is your preference.
To connect to Nuffield-NET for the first time
The Nuffield-NET wireless network is for use by anyone with a Nuffield network account. Authentication (login) is via your standard Nuffield username and password. Nuffield-NET allows you to access the internet and most College servers including file servers, printing and the terminal servers.
- Click or tap to see your available Wifi connections
- Select to join Nuffield-onboard
- Indicate that you already have a Nuffield network account
- Log in with your Nuffield username and password
- Copy the Wifi code displayed. (It will also be emailed to you if you don't catch it.)
- Go back to see your available Wifi connections (as in #1 above)
- Select to join Nuffield-NET
- When prompted, paste in your Wifi code
- You should now be joined to the Nuffield-NET wifi network
The Wifi code may be re-used for all of your devices. It is personal to you and must not be shared with others.
If the process above appears not to work for you, please see a more detailed explanation - with screen shots - on our Intranet Wifi configuration page.